Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Chevron Baby

On our last day in New York, I popped into Purl Soho for just oooooone last look, and I walked out with the yarn to whip up this baby blanket.

I'm not sure why, I don't really know how to happened... but it did. 

And you know what else happened?

I actually knit it.

Babies are happening all around me these days, and I think that it's best to be prepared. So why not start stock piling for when the next buddy of mine says "Guess what??? We're expecting!" 

While there really couldn't be such a thing as news more exciting than that... the fact of the matter is, I just don't always get around to knitting for their wee babes. 

So, this is my solution.

Get knitting... Long before conception even happens.

Now is that sneaky, or what?

I swapped out the gorgeous soft shades that Purl suggested for some brighter, slightly more stain resistant primaries, but everything else stayed the same.


The suggested yarn, the suggested number of stitches, the suggested needles. Yup. That's what I did.

Maybe kind of boring in a blog post... but it worked.


The pattern? A beautiful free-bee by Purl Soho themselves, which can be found right here.
The yarn? Blue Sky Alpaca Worsted Cotton, held double throughout in shades (from dark blue to dark orange) Jasper #636, Caribbean #630, Azul #628, Lemonade #608, Dandelion #638, Poppy #601, Pumpkin #622. The softness of this blanket is truly mind boggling.
The needles? 8mm Addi Click Long Lace. It was my first time using these puppies... and it's LOVE. Like... True love. Mad love. Deep love. If don't own a set, run- DON'T WALK!- to your nearest local yarn shop, and pick yourself up some. Just do it. TRUST ME.
Thoughts? So fast. And so soft. That's a win/win in my books!

Sorry... I should have straightened out the left edge before snapping this pic.
So, who knows where this little blanket will eventually end up...

All I do know is that from start to finish, this baby blanket really was just the sweetest little thing to churn through.

Magnolia Bakery, NYC

And we all know how I feel about 'sweets'.



6 comments:

Michelle said...

I keep promising myself I'm going to start a baby knits stockpile, and I keep putting it off! It would be a lot easier than scrambling to finish gifts!

Lucy Bowen said...

Lovely, and great idea to have pressie ready and waiting!

Unknown said...

Wow so cool. You are really motoring through those projects! Something to do when you can't be gardening...or reading.
Uville knitter aka Pat D

happyhectichandmadehome said...

I love this! Such great colors!

ms.tee.kay said...

i love the palette you chose! so gorgeous :)

Gloria said...

Hi Lynn, miss you and your mum. Hope you guys are enjoying your free time.

Gloria Fung